What are my options if my paycheck is being garnished? 7 Answers as of March 07, 2014

My paycheck is being garnished and I believe they are taking more than what the law states. I don't even get half of what my paycheck is every two weeks.

If they are not taking the correct amount you file an objection with the court that issued the writ. Otherwise you can try to settle with them or file bankruptcy.
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
Have you considered filing for bankruptcy protection? A bankruptcy will stop the garnishment and possibly recover most of the money taken from you. Consult a qualified bankruptcy attorney for assistance.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
They are entitled to garnish 10% of your gross income unless they are student loan garnishment.
There are more details necessary in order to form a reasoned opinion.
Coulter's Law
Coulter's Law | Coulter K. Richardson
You will have to file an application with the court to challenge the amount of garnishment. Most states have laws that only allow a certain percentage of your paycheck to be garnished.