What are my options if my landlord does not want to return the money they withheld? 4 Answers as of October 23, 2013

Our landlord returned our security deposit minus a payment for what they claimed was an outstanding final water bill. However, we had paid the bill; I provided the canceled check to the real estate company managing the property, but three months has passed and they have given no indication they will return the sum erroneously withheld. It's not a lot of money ($194) but I'd like to hold the real estate company/landlord accountable. What options do I have? thanks

Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
If you have made your demand in writing you should file a small claims action.
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S.
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S. | Wayne J. Wimer
File a suit against the landlord in the small claims court for the $194. You don't need an attorney in that court.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
A good bet (if you are in Wisconsin) is to go to small claims court.? You could contact the landlord first.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
The simplest approach would be to file a small claims action against the property owner, for his management company's failure to return your entire deposit, based on an erroneous deduction.