What are my options if my foot was ran over and injured about a month ago? 20 Answers as of November 06, 2013

My foot was ran over about a month ago. It resulted in a broken bone and damaged many of tendons and ligaments in my foot. Aside from the injury, I have missed work and have had a lot of pain and suffering. What are my options?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You should make a claim against the insurance company of the driver of the vehicle, unless it was your fault.
It depends on whether someone was at fault in causing the accident and whether you were free from fault.
Why don't you start by telling a lawyer what the facts are and how you were hurt.
Was it run over by a car? First of all, you are entitled to no-fault coverage which will pay your medical bills and time out of work. "About" a month ago? You'd better file for no-fault benefits right away, it may already be too late. Then, we'd have to know how it came about to be able to determine whether liability coverage to kick in.
Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
Get a lawyer and file a claim for your injuries, your loss of earnings, your emotional trauma and all the losses you will have for the rest of your life.
    Sue for the injuries. Get a local personal injury attorney to help you.
    If it was a result of the driver's negligence, you options are to file a claim against the driver's insurance, and perhaps your underinsured motorist coverage if you have it, or file a suit against the driver.
    E. Ray Critchett, LLC
    E. Ray Critchett, LLC | Ray Critchett
    I would recommend speaking with an attorney. Most initial consultations are free. You will want to know how long your injury(ies) will last, whether or not there are any permanent damages, your total medical expenses, out of pocket expenses, lost wages etc. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered in order to determine the value of a case.
    If it happened on the job, you have a workers compensation case. Otherwise, sue the person that injured you.
    The Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers
    The Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers | Andrew Myers
    Your options depend on how the injury took place. If you were in the course of employment then workers compensation will pay for your accident related medical bills and a wage replacement benefit. If not in the course of employment then Massachusetts 'no-fault' PIP should pay on the medical bills and 75% of your gross lost wages. Plus, due to the negligence of the motor vehicle operator who ran over your foot, you would be eligible for pain and suffering damages under the bodily injuries provision. See an experienced attorney.
    Get attorney and go after insurance of person who ran over you.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    If run over by a motor vehicle, you can have your vehicle insurer (or a resident relatives insurer, or the insurer of the driver that ran your foot over, or the owner, or the Michigan Assigned Claims Facility in that order of priority) cover your wage loss, your medical bills and your replacement services. If your injuries are a serious impairment of a body function, you can also make a pain & suffering claim against the negligent driver (If there was such a driver that was negligent as you don't explicitly say if this was a motor vehicle incident and if there was negligence on the operators part both of which would be required for the above answer to apply).
    Belushin Law Firm, P.C.
    Belushin Law Firm, P.C. | Vel Belushin
    If you know the person who ran over it then you should contact their insurance company.
    You should be pursuing a claim against the driver. Please get a free conference with an injury attorney ASAP.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You should retain counsel. The only claim you likely have against the person ran over your foot. You would be entitled to medical bills pain and suffering , permanent injury compensation among others.
    You can handle the case yourself and deal with the insurance carrier of the driver, you can hire a bodily injury attorney to that, or you can try the first for a while and then hire the attorney if you are not getting a satisfactory result.
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
    You should contact an attorney now if you have not already done so. You are entitled to no fault benefits to which there are time frames in which you must file. This includes medical, lost wages, housekeeping etc,
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    In my humble opinion you have only one option . That option is to meet with a lawyer to discuss details of this unfortunate incident . That may or may not lead to other options .
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    I assume that you were not at fault in causing the injury to your foot. If that is correct, and if the injury was caused by the negligence of the driver who ran over your foot, you have a claim that you should be able to pursue against the driver's liability insurance company or against your own insurance company of the driver was driving without automobile liability insurance coverage. I think you would be best served by hiring a lawyer to help you with your claim. A lawyer experienced in representing injured people will know what a fair settlement of your claim would be. The statute of limitations for injury cases in Wisconsin is three years from the date of the injury.
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law | Robert C. Slim
    How did the injury happen? That's a very important in any personal injury case.