What are my options if my child sustained injuries after he was hit by another minor? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

My 16 year old son and his friend were playing basketball and some words were exchanged. The friend who is also 16 punched my son and then walked away. My son came home with a bloody shirt and said he felt weird. I took him to the hospital where they ran tests/x-rays. Turns out my son had a broken nose. The next day I went to the mothers house and asked her to pay the co-payment. She said she was struggling and I let her know, we all are. I have a low income and my son only has medi-cal but there is a share of cost. She agreed to pay but now she says my son is a bully and I need to talk to him. Her son already admitted to her that he was the aggressor and that my son did nothing. What are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You can sue her in small claims, eat the loss, call the police and see if they will arrest kid for assault, have your son punch the kid in his nose.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: