What are my options if my case was settled but I never received funds from my attorney? 1 Answers as of February 09, 2017

I have a question about the disbursement of funds once a settlement has been reached. I settled on a case several years ago (6+ years) and for years, I have been going back and forth to get what is owed to me. Today, the lawyer emailed me a wavier requesting my signature to release the funds. I noticed that the lawyer’s fees were disclosed along with another undisclosed fee. Also, I noticed the firm did not disclose the interest that has accrued over the years of me fighting to get what is owed. I believe this law firm has violated several laws.

Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
If you have waited 6 years after the settlement to get your money I suggest that you consult with another lawyer before you sign anything. Without knowing the lawyer's explanation something doesn't sound right.