What are my options if I am the landlord and I asked for my apartment back in court because of nonpayment of rent but lost? 5 Answers as of January 27, 2016

The attorney staff put the wrong figure for the rent and after the case was heard, the judge ruled only on the fact. The dollar amount was wrong and did not state that I could have my unit back and that is what I wanted.

Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
The amount is usually a critical fact. You are probably going to have to start over. Ask the court clerk if you can use the same case number and correct the amount due. Be sure and ask the judge if they will issue a writ of possession even if you've made a mistake on the amount and don?t get a money judgment.
If you sued on the basis of a three day notice with the wrong amount of rent owing stated, the judge had no choice but to rule against you. So give the tenant a new three day notice stating the correct amount of rent. You have to go through the same process again. If your attorney was negligent, he should refund the money you paid him for making the mistake.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
Your only option is to serve a new correct notice followed by another eviction action.
You've got to start over, probably with a different attorney.
Law Office of James A. Anton | James Anton
You need to wait for another default and try again if you want to get rid of the tenant that is on a fixed term lease that has not expired. If the tenant is month to month tenant then serve a notice to terminate tenancy and start eviction process.