What are my options for wrongful termination and defamation? 2 Answers as of July 26, 2013

There is a public figure I used to work for stating that I was taking advantage of his fan base for my own projects because I posted a crowd funding page on my personal Facebook and put me on full blast on their Facebook fan page. They state that I broke a contract when my contract had no non-compete clause. They use my full name as well. I have received harassing comments on my other social media venues. I offered to take the crowd-funding page down about a month ago to said public figure and told me to hold off on it. had also relocated for this public figure/employer and worked for them for a month and they have yet to pay me the remaining wages. I also found out I was fired on the said Facebook post. Do I have any options?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
MS is an employment at will State, which means that you can be fired for any reason that is not discriminatory. As to defamation, you would have to have suffered monetary losses in order to proceed and you must prove that what is being said is not the truth and they know it is not.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Wrongful termination does not exist in GA.