What are my options for changing an EB5 to an I130 visa? 4 Answers as of January 20, 2011

I have an EB5 pending removal of condition by Feb 2011, which I know I would not pass since conditions are not met. I have also an I130 with priority date as current last month, but has since shifted to become non current in Jan 2011, all my documentation is completed but I suspect I will need to wait for maybe several months to years due to the shift.

Since the business on EB5 is still running although did not full fill the requirements for removal of condition, I would like to return to my country & come back to continue. What are my options, I am considering
- Once the EB5 CG expire, would E2 treaty investor visa be possible through consulate processing in country of origin (my wife is a Singaporean), where I could invest in another business until the I130 is current.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Call in the am and schedule a consultation and we can work through the various options for you including looking at whether the EB-5 is salvageable; there are some new rules on material change in the business plan which sounds like it might be applicable to your case if you are worried the conditions will not be removed.. E-2 may be an option but tricky as it requires nonimmigrant intent and your current conditional PR demonstrates immigrant intent. H-1B1 through your wife may be an option or possibly an L. I can advise you of fees and procedures at that time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/20/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
You situation is much too complex to answer with the minimum amount of information provided. You need to discuss it with an experience immigration attorney. Your now to be prior conditional status and your pending I-130 will both affect your ability to obtain a E-2 or any other type of non-immigrant visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/14/2011
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
The answer to your question requires an individual consultation with an attorney and not a general posting on a website such as this one. Please contact an immigration lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/14/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You can legally apply for multiple visas.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: