What are my option if I want to sue a bank for theft? 1 Answers as of September 21, 2017

This happened in 2013 I was 17 year old and new with the whole banking thing. My mother-in-law give me a check to cash at public from a money order. I went to public with it they said they couldn’t cash it and that I had to cash it with bank with that being said. I went to my bank to cash it this whole thing was fishy to me cause the check wasn’t for me but yet the bank accepted it. They didn’t let me get the whole money that day but I got at least 20 dollar's. The next day I went to my bank account it was completely blocked I had no access to it at all. I went in to talk to a representative they said there is nothing they could do so I ask to speak with the manager or head supervisor. He said my bank was shut down for 7 year and I couldn't have a bank account so I ask him what was the reason he said I did a third party. I didn’t even know what in the world he was talking about so then ask him about my money he said they were going to mail it to me till now they didn’t. I didn’t get my money and don’t have an account, I think it’s time to take it to another level because every time I go to another location it’s always there’s nothing we can do.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Hire an attorney. I charge 3500 up front for cases like yours. Plus there will be around 500 in court costs. So, that gives you an idea of how much it will cost to do something about this, and there are no guarantees, except the attorney will do his best.