What are my legal tax obligations for a second job? Posted on September 16, 2010

Hello, I am fully employed elsewhere but just started consulting for about 10 hours a week for a start up business of a friend. I understand that if I earn more than $600 in a tax year that she will need to send me a 1099-MISC, but what are MY tax obligations? How do I determine if I need to file a Schedule C? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: