What are my legal rights in my employment situation? 1 Answers as of June 10, 2013

Company policy per employee handbook was violated in regard to a drug test and its results. I was asked to sign an agreement waiving all rights to pursue claims against the company now or in the future, I refused. I have now been told I have 24hrs to present a document I don't have, and is not required in the Handbook, sign the agreement to waive my rights or "willfully resign". I know they are trying to get me to resign so that they aren't responsible for firing me, because they are in the wrong. I want to respond that I will not willfully resign and any further communication will be through an attorney, can I do that?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
Yes, you can hire a lawyer to help you.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: