What are my legal child custody rights as a stepmother? 1 Answers as of June 01, 2011

Last year my husband and i had marital problems we have been back together since august well a woman that he was acquainted with while we were apart ended up pregnant and just had the baby on May 23. I was allowed to come see the baby while they were in hospital but now that they are home she will not allow me to come see my stepdaughter just my husband and my children. I was wondering what my rights are since this is my husbands daughter and my stepdaughter and what I should do? This type of behavior of my stepdaughters mother is very concerning to me.

Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr.
Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr. | John J. Ferry, Jr.
You probably do not have standing to ask the court to award you any visitation or partial custody. But that may change if you become involved in caring for the child. You should review this with an attorney.