What are my chances of immigrating to the U.S.? 2 Answers as of November 09, 2010

I want to immigrate to the U.S. but I have not yet applied for jobs and I do not have any immediate relatives in the country. Do I need a reason to immigrate? I just want to live there.

There are difficulties in getting to the USA, but by no means are you barred from options in coming here. You could come as a student or scholar (depending on your education background) with an F-1 or J-1 shorter-term student/scholar visa. You could come with a petitioning employer with work visas such as the H-1B. If you come with one of these visas you could "adjust status" to obtain legal residency. If you want to know more, and gain help in obtaining an appropriate visa, e-mail or call me to set up a consultation in person or by phone. Best to you.
You need to have a petition approved on your behalf before you can immigrate. It must be either on the basis of a qualifying family relationship or a valid job offer.