What are my chances of getting sole custody of my child? 3 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I’d like to get full custody of my daughter who is 3 years old. She lives with me and I have been taking care of her without the father seeing as he lives in another state and has done nothing for her at all .he had seen her 2 or3 times within the first week of her life and moved to Texas. I know he has a history of drugs and from what he has posted on public web sites he is still into drugs. What do I do and what are my chances of winning?

Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler | Robert L Fiedler
Based on what you say, your chances are strong at sole custody. You will ned to file an application for custody in court or a modification of existing orders if any exist.
Rosenberg & Press, LLC
Rosenberg & Press, LLC | Christopher D. Hite
It's extremely difficult to get, even when one parent is fairly despicable. Connecticut courts favor both parents having as active a role as possible in life of child.
sounds like you have cause to request this .