What are my chances of getting shared custody of my step children? 1 Answers as of July 28, 2011

My husband has two kids who he just got visitation rights too. We would like to fight for share custody of the kids because we feel like they are in danger physical, mentally, and psychologically. We would go for sole but we know that most of the time specially in OHIO it is hard to get sole this is why we like to go for share. We had child service check their home because my step son had bruises on his chest and face. Turn out that her brother had disciplined him for cursing. We have reports of that. The kids are pulled out of day care to day care and don't have healthy eating habits. They also come crying all the time that they don't want to see dad but when mom leave they say they want to see dad. We are doing this with out a lawyer right now. What would our chances be of getting share custody?

Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Without a lawyer? Your chances are virtually nil. Please contact a domestic relations attorney near you, Depending upon the county, sole custody may not be out of the question. ail