What are my chances of getting full physical cusstody? Posted on August 02, 2011

My 12 year old son was strangled, punched in the stomach, slapped around, cursed at all in a matter of a couple of weeks by his father. We have joint physical custody for the past 6 years, just recently his father started getting physical and abusive towards him. We are heading into family/criminal court on Thursday. {IDV court, one judge one family} My son has his law guardian, I do have representation, we are going to go for full physical custody, what are my chances of succeeding? This is the same judge who granted joint physical knowing of this mans temper back in 2005. This man does have a documented temper and has had a history of drugs and alchohol. I do not have documentation of the drugs and alchohol but his son has stated he does drink alchohol in the car as well as smokes