What are my chances of getting full custody if my wife has half? 2 Answers as of July 21, 2011

Me and my ex wife have 50 50 joint custody. About a week ago she told me she was leaving town and wouldnt be back until she has a vehicle, a car, a job and a place for the kids. Right now she has none of those, only a roof over her head for herself. What are my chances of getting full custody. How much harder would it make it if i am self represented?

Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
The court will decide what is in the "best interest of the children". If your wife cannot find them a place to live, or money to feed them, then the court would certainly consider that as strong evidence that they should not live with her. However, if you want to attempt to obtain primary physical custody of your children you should contact an experienced family law attorney to help you.
Self representation in any family law case is fraught with peril particularly in cases concerning custody disputes. Having a skilled family law attorney assist you is your best option. Change of circumstances may warrant a change in the parenting plan. Please consult with an attorney about your specific situation so you get the best advice on your legal options.