What are my chances of getting approve from a L1 sponsorship? 7 Answers as of October 17, 2011

I have over stayed my B1B2 visa for almost 5 yearsand I have a daughter who was born here in the US now a company is willing to sponsor a L1 visa for me,do I have any chance on getting approved?

You will have to leave us because you are out of status. By leaving you will trigger 10 year bar.
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Unfortunately to change status for a non-immigrant visa you must either be in the U.S. in status or out of the U.S. with the legal right to re-enter. Sadly you are neither.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
I do not see how you could qualify. You must have worked for the company that seeks to petition you for a L visa outside the U.S. for least one year within the last three years. I do not see how that can be if you have stayed in the U.S. for the past five years. Moreover, you must leave the U.S. and apply for a visa in order to gain any status because you currently do not have status that can be changed or extended. However, if you leave the U.S., you will be barred from being issued a visa for 10 years because of your past illegal presence in the country.
No, if you have overstayed your I-94, then you must apply for the visa outside the US and you will need a waiver, but these are not typically granted for business visas.
No as you are in unlawful status.
    Slim to none. You can't obtain that without leaving the US. That will trigger a ten year reentry bar. The company can request a nonimmigrant waiver from the US consulate and if granted, you will be able to reenter. If you have been here this long, it doesn't sound like you meet the basic requirements of the L though!
    One of the key requirement for L visa is the beneficiary has worked for 1 consecutive year in the past 3 years. It sounds like you are not eligible for L1 visa because you have been US in the past 5 years. You may be qualified for H1B, which falls into our specialized practice area too.