What are my chaces of getting full custody of my child? 2 Answers as of August 11, 2011

My wife left me July 2, 2011 and left me with all the bills and my 9year kid. She is with a guy who just got out of prison for hitting his wife and firearms charges. I want to know if I have a good chance of getting full custody for my kid?

Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler | Robert L Fiedler
I am assuming that by full custody, you really mean sole custody. Some people refer to sole custody as "full" and some people mean primary residence. Without knowing shich you mean, this is a difficult quesiton to answer. Regardless, to be fair, I cannot answer your question without knowing much more information. What you describe sounds bad for mother, for sure, but are there other things that are positive for her? Negative to you? Do these allegations rise to the point where the rebut the statutory presumption in favor of joint custody? I suggest you consult with an attorney and perhaps retain one to help you. Sole custody is hard to get given the law as it is and you may need the help of a seasoned practitioner to get it.
If she agrees there will not be an issue.