What are my best options to get a residency for my fiance? 3 Answers as of April 18, 2011

My fiancee is in Mexico and I'm here in the United States, we are trying to find any options that we may have. I am a U.S citizen and he is not so my question is what is the best way to get him his residence card? How long will the process take and what are the recuirments? If I could get a answer back I would really appreciate it.

You will need to file Form I-129F and provide your birth certificate or US Paasport, if married before provide divorce decree, a statement from the both of you that you intend to marry within 90 days of his entering the US, 2 passport photos of each of you. Also complete Form G-325A for each. You could also go down to Mexico and marry there and come back here and petition for him. As to the best option, I suppose it depends on how long each petition will take to process and I don't know the answer to that. I always prefer marriage in Mexico and filing here ASAP. There is something to be said about being in the 1st preference category. You will have to pick what is best for you. Good luck!
Either file a K-1 (fiance visa) or go to mexico and marry him and file a K-3 (spouse visa). Either way the process will take about 4-12 months. Caro Kinsella - Immigration Attorney Question From LawQABest Wishes > A QUESTION HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU VIA A IMMIGRATION WEBSITE ON THE LAW QA > NETWORK > > ID:17858 > Question: What are my best options to get a residency for my fiance? > Question Detail: My fiancee is in Mexico and I'm here in the United > States, we are trying to find any options that we may have. I am a U.S > citizen and he is not so my question is what is the best way to get him > his residence card? How long will the process take and what are the > recuirments? If I could get a answer back I would really appreciate it. > > *********************************** > To answer this question, please just reply to this email. The original > content and subject should not be modified, otherwise your answer will not > be valid. Sincerely, Caro Kinsella Attorney & Counselor at Law Legal Professionals Phone: 954-304-2243 NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Legal Professionals for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, anyone other than the named addressee (or a person authorized to deliver it to the named addressee). It should not be copied or forwarded to any unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
The best process is for you to file for a non-immigrant fiance visa (K-1). It takes about 2-3 months to get the petition approved. When that happens, transfer of the paperwork goes to the National Visa Center, followed by it being sent to the U.S. Embassy or consulate closest to your fiance. He then goes for his interview, once scheduled by the embassy and he is notified. If you have other questions about the process, and you would like an attorney for the project, feel free to call or email to schedule an in-person or via phone consultation.