What are my best options if I am charged with 3 felonies? 3 Answers as of June 11, 2014

Someone in my life was recently charged with CPSP in the 4th, Grand Larceny in the 4th and Forgery in the 2nd. He has a prior history with drug abuse and has served two bids in county jail on 3 drug charges (all misdemeanors). One was in 2009 and the other was 2012-2013. He has violated/failed probation and failed Drug Court, as well as never completing a drug rehabilitation program. I know that no one can predict what will happen, but does anyone have an opinion on the matter? I know he could be looking at serious time, at least he would be safe and not a danger to his children if he were to be sentenced. How much time do you think he is looking at or is there a chance of a reduction in the crimes and he is given another shot somehow? Thank you for your time!

Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
All of the options you mention are possible. However, any opinion on the ultimate outcome has no value without knowing more facts. The best person to ask this question to is his current attorney who has been negotiating with the District Attorney.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
No one can give you a meaningful answer. As you suggest,he faces serious time. He should hire criminal defense counsel ASAP.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
I think he should hire a good criminal defense lawyer.