What are most settlements average with only $5,000 in medical bills with bodily injury uninsured motorist? 10 Answers as of June 14, 2013

No fault.

Gary L. Platt, Attorney at Law | Gary Platt
That question is impossible to answer without a lot more facts. There is no "average" amount of settlement, and in order to determine APPROXIMATELY what your case is worth, an attorney would have to know the precise nature and extend of the injuries, what kind of treatment you had, what was the doctor's opinion as to your prognosis, the possibility of your needing treatment in the future, whether any of your injuries will be permanent, and a lot more facts.
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC | Robert Morrison Lucky
Unfortunately, I will need some more information before I can assist in answering this question.
Your case is worth what you are able to prove to a jury. There is a difference between the value of the injuries and the value of the case. That is due to the fact that the defendant can usually create some sort of a defense, which if believed by the jury will result in you losing your case. So, a discount is required, based upon the strength of the defense. Now, at trial, the jury may believe the defendant's position and give you nothing, or it may believe you, and give you a lot. Settlement is at an amount which is more than the defendant wants to pay, and less than you want to receive, but which amount is certain. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
I know of no statistics that keep up with that. Case values vary widely from circumstance to circumstance and from place to place. You probably should consult a personal injury lawyer in your area.
Around $15,000, but need more facts to make this determination.
    Hume Smith Geddes Green & Simmons LLP
    Hume Smith Geddes Green & Simmons LLP | Christopher A Pearcy
    If the other driver was uninsured, there may still be insurance under your policy for uninsured motorist coverage. The average settlement can vary greatly. This includes not just compensation for medical bills, but also lost wages, pain and suffering, and future medical treatment and disability, among other factors. Having a good and competent attorney can also increase you recovery.
    There are a couple of companies who say they keep averages but they scour only a small part of the industry. I don't know the answer to your question. I am not sure anyone does. Settlements depend on how the collision occurred, what property damage was done, what injuries occurred, what the dr b ills amount to, what the doctors say, whether there is any wage loss, whether there is any permanency? Any future medical care? etc etc etc. a lot of stuff. Do the best you can with the fuyll knowledge that the insurance company does not want to do what is right or fair. They will take advantage of everyone they can. they are in business to make money, not help people.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    What is the injury?
    Russell and Lazarus
    Russell and Lazarus | Marc Lazarus
    Depends greatly on many factors. You should consult with a personal injury attorney and review the medical records together.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    The damages suffered by a person injured in an auto accident do not always equate to the bills. An evaluation of your potential claim would depend on a number of factors, such as the nature of the injuries you suffered, how badly the injuries affected your daily activities, whether the injuries will be permanent, and, if so, how many years are you expected to live, and how your injuries will affect you for the rest of your life.