What are the laws regarding video taping in the workplace? How? 3 Answers as of August 28, 2015

I work for a truck manufacturer where I install the graphics on the vehicles. The company hired someone to video tape each department. The last time he was at our plant videotaping, I almost ruined the decals because it made me so nervous. When we were told that he was coming in today, I was so upset that I got sick and had to leave work. I’m not comfortable being videotaped while I work but am I legally obligated to consent to it. I am also a graphic design student and we were taught that you must get permission to take a picture or film a person. Does this still hold true for an employer/employee situation?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
photographing any time in a public area is completely legal in GA, so long as you are not in a private area, such as a dressing room, bathroom stall, etc.Making a commercial use of the photo is illegal without permission. So, it depends on what they want to do with the videos.
Sprattlin Castor LLC | Nancy Castor Sprattlin
Employers can legally monitor almost anything an employee does at work as long as there is a legitimate business reason for monitoring. Employers may install video cameras, read e-mail, monitor phone and computer usage, and more. The business reason for the workplace surveillance must outweigh an employee?s expectation of privacy to be legally permissible. For example, surveillance in the bathrooms may be deemed unreasonable, but surveillance where work is being performed is likely reasonable. This response is based on the limited information provided and is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute attorney-client privileged communication. If you want to provide more information about your situation and still feel your privacy rights are being violated, you should consult with the Department of Labor or an attorney.
You employer generally has the right to videotape the workplace and the activities. You are taped almost every time you are in a retail store.