What are the laws regarding inheritance of non filing spouse in a chapter 13? Posted on April 30, 2011

My husband filed bankruptcy (chapter 13) in 2008 and has almost completed 3 of the 5 year repayment plan. I am listed as co-debtor on a few items (ie: car) He is paying 100% of debt at the end of the plan. My aunt passed away last month & left me in her will $25,000 from a trust fund. My husband is not listed on the documents. It is being put into an account with only my & my mothers name. Completely separate from our marital money. We live in Washington (community property state) does my inheritance need to be disclosed to his lawyer? I was told by his lawyer personally I could make as much money ie:raises/income & it would have no bearing on his case as long as he pays as agreed. I can't stand the thought of my families money going through the court system, I'm just sick over it.