What are the laws about product warranty? 6 Answers as of April 29, 2013

I bought a shower unit for $1500 but it doesn't work. The company claims to stand behind the product but will not send the parts. They said they will ship it today but they never did. This has been going for three weeks now.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Sorry this is not my area of law.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 4/29/2013
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
Three weeks may not be a particularly long time to wait for a part in some circumstances. The company should be able to give you a delivery date and shipping information so you can track the part. However, you truly believe that the company is just stalling you and doesn?t intend to make good on its guarantee, notify them that you are going to take further action and then start filing complaints with any government or private entity that can regulate the company, including the state?s attorney general?s office.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 4/29/2013
Law Office of Alan H. Segal
Law Office of Alan H. Segal | Alan H. Segal
In general, a limited product warranty is like a contract between you, the consumer, and the manufacturer. It sounds like you have done your part and they are not doing theirs. If you would like, our law office can assist you making a demand on your behalf for a small legal fee. I assume that you have saved a copy of your receipt as well as the warranty information that came with the shower unit.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 4/29/2013
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You can sue the company in small claims court for violation of its warranty (assuming that the warranty covers this). You also may be entitled to return the shower unit to the company who sold it to you, and demand a refund. These are hard cases because the amount of money is usually too small to justify retaining a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/29/2013
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
The warranty is whatever is printed on the warranty card provided by the seller. Based upon the price you can place a claim in small claims court against them to recover you $1,500 plus labor to install and replace the defective unit.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2013
Click to View More Answers: