What are the inhertiance laws for non blood relatives? 7 Answers as of July 19, 2011

Can my step mother claim an inheritance from my grandfather that was left to my dad and she is remarried?

Probably not, but that would depend upon the facts. Speak to an estate lawyer nearby for clarification. Good luck.
Absent a will, she gets zero.
When you state it "was left to my Dad", I would presume then that there was a will and that your Dad is now deceased. If so, that will should state who receives the inheritance in the event your Dad was deceased. If there was no will, the intestacy laws of the state where your grandfather lived (and presumably his property was located) would control who receives an estate where there is no will.
The Law Offices of Laurie E. Ohall, P.A.
The Law Offices of Laurie E. Ohall, P.A. | Laurie E. Ohall
In the state of Florida, if someone dies without a Will, they died "intestate". In an intestate estate, Florida's laws state that if the decedent died without a Will (which dictates who gets what), then the decedent's heirs inherit the property. Decedent's heirs are their spouses, and if they do not have a spouse, their descendants. If your father died before your grandfather, your father's share of your grandfather's estate would not go to your step-mother. It would go to your father's children. However, if your grandfather had a Will, then it will depend upon what the Will states as to whether your step-mother inherits anything.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Without a will, a non-blood relative (unless legally adopted) has no inheritance rights in Florida.