What are the immigration consequences of a 647.f for a resident alien? 2 Answers as of April 04, 2011

I was arrested for Public intoxication in and I am worried that it may trigger immigration consequences ie; deportation or not being able to file for citizenship. Will a prior conviction for grand theft trigger any review to my status if I am convicted of the 647.f What will I face now?

Generally, the public intoxication conviction would not trigger any immigration consequences and if not on probation you could file for naturalization. However, the grand thief conviction could make you inadmissible or deportable and could cause you a problem if you file for naturalization or travel out of the U.S. You should speak to an immigration attorney regarding your matter and bring copies of the conviction documents for both cases.
What you are facing is possibly deportation. I would start to search for a lawyer now.