What are his legal options to clear his DUI from another state? 2 Answers as of March 10, 2015

My son received a DUI and currently lives out of state. Police never found anything in car during a search, and he passed a field sobriety test. He was then arrested and had his blood drawn. He hasn't heard anything before moving back. He applied for a job that did background check which showed outstanding warrant for that DUI.

I would suggest that your son locate a lawyer from the county where the DUI is being handled, and seeing if the matter requires action on his part, such as posting a bond, and following through with the case. Obviously, the police needed probable cause to arrest him and charge him with the DUI, and a lawyer from that county might be able to look into the case and advise your son further.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
His only option to clear this off his record is to return to the jurisdiction to seek to vacate the warrant and set it for trial.