What are his legal options to clear his DUI from another state? 2 Answers as of March 10, 2015

My son received a DUI and currently lives out of state. Police never found anything in car during a search, and he passed a field sobriety test. He was then arrested and had his blood drawn. He hasn't heard anything before moving back. He applied for a job that did background check which showed outstanding warrant for that DUI.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
I would suggest that your son locate a lawyer from the county where the DUI is being handled, and seeing if the matter requires action on his part, such as posting a bond, and following through with the case. Obviously, the police needed probable cause to arrest him and charge him with the DUI, and a lawyer from that county might be able to look into the case and advise your son further.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/10/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
His only option to clear this off his record is to return to the jurisdiction to seek to vacate the warrant and set it for trial.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/10/2015
Click to View More Answers: