What are the fees to present my case for green card application? 6 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I've posted my case here before, see below the details. He's in Seattle, so only local attorney can file the case or it can be filed by law firms elsewhere? How much would your firm charge?

"My fiance (USC) and I (Chinese) is getting maried in China. But he was in jail for non child-support payment last year and has charges earlier for underage drinking and domestic abuse, which his ex later stated it was a false report. He has 5 kids: 2 of whom are living with his ex. 3 kids live with him, but only 2 are claimed in his tax form as his parents (in TX) are the legal guardian of another kid and they claim her in their tax. What's the size of his household? Is he eligible to sponsor me? What's the qualification for a co-sponsor? Does s/he (can be 'they'?) has to live with my fiance?"

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
The fees with immigration are $1490. Immigration law is federal law therefore a lawyer licensed in any of the 50 states may represent you. For a complete estimate of the legal fees you can call us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/17/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
We can represent you from here; it does not need to be a local attorney. Email me directly at the link below and I will send you forms and fees.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/10/2011
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Any licensed attorney in the US can represent you with the visa application. Our firm is located in Portland, Oregon, about 3 hours south of Seattle. You can send me a private email so that we can discuss the details about your case.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 1/7/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
We represent clients all over the United States. You are welcomed to call our office for assistance.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/7/2011
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Government Fees to process a green card from China is roughly $1000 Attorney's fees is $1000
He can sponsor you if he has sufficient income. If he doesn't have sufficient income, then you need a joint sponsor. Any immigration attorney in any state can help you. Find the most affordable one.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/6/2011
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
    Sounds like your case is not the most straight-forward. It is important to hire a professional to make sure everything is in line with law. Your lawyer does not have to be in Seattle to help you out. You are welcome to call us for assistance. A lawyer will talk to you, not a paralegal.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 1/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: