What are the debt limits in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of December 02, 2010

How much secured and unsecured debt can I have if I want to file for chapter 13 bankruptcy?

Mankus & Marchan, LTD
Mankus & Marchan, LTD | Tony Mankus
The current debt limits in a Chapter 13 case are $336,900 of unsecured debt and $1,010,650.00 of secured debt.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
The debt limit is approximately 1.08 million under Chapter 13 currently. I just wrote a blog article about this over at the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Law Monitor.
DiManna Law Office, LLC.
DiManna Law Office, LLC. | Dawn DiManna
Only an individual with regular income that owes, on the date of the filing of the petition, noncontingent, liquidated, unsecured debts of less than $250,000 and noncontingent, liquidated, secured debts of less than $750,000, or an individual with regular income and such individual's spouse, except a stockbroker or a commodity broker, that owe, on the date of the filing of the petition, noncontingent, liquidated, unsecured debts that aggregate less than $250,000 and noncontingent, liquidated, secured debts of less than $750,000.
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC | Raymond J. Dague
Funny, but I have never been asked this question before. I do not think there are any limits, either upper or lower. There is a requirement that the Chapter 13 plan be a good faith plan, but assuming that is the case, it really does not matter how much debt you have to file a 13.
Ursula G. Barrios Law
Ursula G. Barrios Law | Guillermo Machado
Debt limits for Chapter 13: Just over one million secured debt and approximately $360,000 unsecured. There are sometimes ways around these if you are close. You may contact my office for a free consultation.
    Presently the limits are: $360,475 in noncontingent, liquidated unsecured debt and $1,081,400 of noncontingent, liquidated secured debt.