What are the consequences of a revoked I-130? 6 Answers as of June 07, 2011

My I-130 has been revoked. I want to know what are my options. What happens to me or my husband if we choose not to appeal?

My experience is that nothing happens to you unless there was already something pending prior to your filing the visa petition in the first place. You will have to know the reasons for your revocation. To your question though, in revocation, any benefit anyone received by way of that now revoked I-130 will be rescinded. So, if a spouse or child received a green card because of that initial I-130 petition, then that Green card will no longer be good. And you can go down the line. Sorry.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You will be placed into removal proceedings and possibly deported. You need to retain an immigration lawyer ASAP.
It depends on the USCIS basis for the revocation. Please provide details or a copy of the notice of revocation and I can advise more fully. Generally, you can appeal or you can re-file, but the decision to re-file is based on the reason the USCIS revoked the I-130. Please contact me to discuss the case in more detail. Thank you.
Normally DHS revokes an I-130 if they make a fraud finding. This is very serious. If you don't appeal and are in the US they will probably refer you to immigration court for removal proceedings. Also, in that case, you cannot apply for a green card through any other event, only by your husband refiling for you.
Bad record. Loss of legal status and lowered credibility.