What are the consequences of not following a restraining order? 4 Answers as of July 22, 2013

I have a restraining order against my fiancé’s son that I do not follow. My fiancé and I live in the same house and I have been around the child for a year before the restraining order was placed.

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Riana Durrett
If you violate a restraining order, then criminal penalties can result.
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser | Jacob R. Lauser
If your fiance is the one who requested the PFA, but she herself is not enforcing it, then if she ever tried to enforce it, she would have a pretty weak argument. However, the police might just arrest you and let the court sort through it.
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Violation of a Restraining Order is a "Contempt of Court". The violation of the Restraining Order will enable the Complainant to have you arrested on the spot. Depending on the "Restraining Order" issued and the judge handling the matter, an intentional violation (and sometimes an accidental one) can land you in JAIL for long periods of time. Some violations merely trigger a Court Hearing without severe punishment; if it is an infraction that is without logic (i.e.: it can be shown that it is an accidental encounter or out of absolute necessity.) Do yourself a favor, avoid anything that smells of a violation and adhere to any and all Court Orders. Avoid at all costs situations where the Complainant might entice you into a situation that causes you to violate a Court Order. (If it smells like a trap, it probably is one.) Remember - a Complainant can always request that a Court "remove" the "Restraining Order"; however, the Court may still continue it if it so chooses.
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
If it isn't removed, you can be charged criminally for not following it.