What are the consequences for failure to appear in court? 4 Answers as of August 14, 2012

What happens when someone threatens you for your family's safety if you don't leave town and in doing so you miss a court date out on bond for felony. The bench warrant was issued and police picked you up sitting in jail now can we get a bond?

You may be able to get another bond. I suspect that you will need to retain an attorney, and few judges will fall for the "I missed my courtdate because my associated were threatening me and I needed to get out of town" defense. Good luck.
Law Office of Michael Moody
Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
You can certainly file for a bond hearing. If you are able to present competent and credible evidence that the reason you left town was because of threats against personal safety, the judge may in his/her discretion grant a new bond. It all just depends upon how believable your story is presented.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
It is up to the judge to decide whether or not to grant bond to someone who has been picked up on a bench warrant after missing court. In many instances judges do not grant bond.
Rhoades & Miller, LLP
Rhoades & Miller, LLP | M. Jason Rhoades
Normally, when a person is picked up on a bench warrant, they are not entitled to bond. However, if you have your attorney try and explain the situation to the prosecutor and judge, it might be possible to get a new bond.