What are the consequences for being arrested for OUID/Possession? 3 Answers as of March 24, 2011

I was arrested for OUID and possession of Marijuana. I paid the $200 bond that night and was released. This is my first offense. My question is, what consequences am I looking at here?

The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC
The Law Office of John T. MacDonald Jr., PLLC | John MacDonald Jr.
It all depends. If it really is your first time offense then an attorney can likely talk to the prosecutor and get you a good deal. Call an attorney to discuss your case.
OUID is punishable up to 93 days in jail, fines up to $500, 45 days community service, six months suspended license, and six months vehicle immobilization. Possession of marijuana carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and up to $2,000 in fines. In most jurisdictions, for your first offense you will likely be placed on probation for a year or so. You will have costs and fines to pay as well as attend classes, maybe community service or certain treatment programs that the judge finds necessary. I would still advise getting a lawyer before pleading guilty to anything. Only a skilled criminal attorney can spot deficiencies in the police report that may get the charges reduced or dismissed. Best of everything.
You are facing two 93 day in jail misdemeanors. You are best served by hiring a local criminal defense counsel to represent you. You can usually avoid jail on a first offense. Click on the link to the left to call me and discuss.