What are the consequences for a 7-year-old carrying mace for protection? Posted on May 02, 2011

My 7-year-old daughter has been bullied these past few weeks and I don't teach my child violence and how to stay away from bullies. I want to protect my daughter and make sure she is always safe. There are so many limitations on how to protect your children without breaking the law. I just want to know what the law says about children carrying mace for protection? It's not in school bullying; it's outside the school in an apartment complex. I want my daughter to be able to go outside and play with her friend without having to worry about other older girls picking on her and trying to fight her. Please help me solve this matter; cause I don't want to teach my daughter that violence is okay. But I don't want her to be pushed around and bullied either! Is it legal or illegal for a child to carry mace? Thank you for your time.