What are the chances that we will get a parole vialation conviction changed? Posted on January 24, 2011

What are the chances of getting a conviction changed, or parole past sentencing? My brother was revoked because a friends daughter left drug paraphernalia in his home, without his knowledge. He had put the girl out of his home, but that was left behind. He tested drug-free, current and in good standing with his parole officer, employed, and was buying a home. The girl owned up to act, told the lawyers, and stood before the judge at the hearing and took full responsibility for the material that was found. They gave him 20 years [at age 49 past open-heart surgery that is a death conviction] What recourse do we have if any? I think his lawyer was as stunned as we were. Thank you in advance. This is in Alabama.