What are the chances of me serving time with no prior convictions? 1 Answers as of August 19, 2011

While a visit to the department store led to me to being dragged back to a room in the security office, I was arrested for harassment (shoves/kicks) and theft under $200. I was arrested and bonded however I am getting sentenced tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. No prior record (expunged) so what are the chances of me serving time?

Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
Cannot answer this without more facts. By prior record being "expunged" do you mean a juvenile record? If not, there is no guarantee the judge will not still know about your prior record; adult records are not expunged in Colorado. What is your current life functioning (e.g. do you have a job, do you volunteer, have you taken any counseling to address the issues involved in the charge (anger, theft, etc.))? What is the DA asking for in terms of punishment? All of these items play a part in what could happen. If you have an attorney, you should rely upon his/her advice and counsel about what may potentially happen.