What application center do I go to if I need a temporary LPR status on my passport? 13 Answers as of July 02, 2013

I am replacing my green card and have completed the I-90 at the port of entry. I have duly paid too. My LPR was indicated on the duplicate form and was stamped but not on my passport. Now I need a temporary LPR status on my passport and my questions are: a] what Application service center do I go? The one in my state or at the port of entry? and do I just walk in or must book an appointment? Now I cannot book an appointment without a receipt number which takes several weeks to come. Any insight?

You need to find a local USCIS office and make an Infopass appointment so try to get the temporary LPR stamp in your passport. You can find your local office on their website, www.uscis.gov.
Carol Beth Wolfenson | Carol Beth Wolfenson
The receipts for the I-90 come within about 2 wks. After you get the receipt, make an Infopass appointment online at your local USCIS office and they will give you a temporary stamp.
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
Go to uscis.gov and schedule an info pass appointment at the local office.
If you have the expired card, and cancelled check for I-90 (or file online and print out receipt), then make an INFOPASS appointment through the USCIS website. These will be at the nearest USCIS office.
The answer to your question depends upon where you live. You will have to schedule an appointment to see someone about the issue. For the most part, you can no longer appear at a service center without an appointment. You can schedule an appointment online without a receipt number. You should take all documents with you to the appointment. Please note that USCIS may not stamp your passport depending upon the particular circumstances.
    You make an InfoPass appointment at the local field office, not the ASC.
    Philip M. Zyne, P.A.
    Philip M. Zyne, P.A. | Philip M. Zyne
    You should schedule an Info Pass appointment with your local USCIS office.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    Usually, you would go to your local district office. You should know that you will need to provide evidence of your LPR status and that you have filed the I-90. I dont know why you need the stamp in your passport if you were given the duplicate I-551. It is the same and you can use it like a green card.
    Make an ifopass appointment for your local USCIS.
    Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
    Application Support Centers should not even have such a stamp. You may need to book an InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS office through the USCIS webpage, and then show that you have an urgent (within a few days) need to travel, and then the USCIS may be willing to stamp your passport.
    Wildes & Weinberg, P.C. | Leon Wildes
    Take the receipt to your local office with your passport.
    Law Office of Lyaman F. Khashmati, P.C. | Inara F. Khashmati
    Seems like you are in New York. Schedule an infopass appointment online www.uscis.gov and go to Federal Plaza located in Manhattan. Good luck.
    Julian & Chin LLP
    Julian & Chin LLP | Larry F Chin
    You will receive a receipt notice for the I90 that you filed. After the receipt notice, you should receive an appointment for biometrics (fingerprints).