What is an affirmation? 1 Answers as of March 30, 2012

Went to family court to let them and wife know my medical insurance has been canceled due to not working enough hours. I had been laid off since 8/13/11. The lawyer did not show at court but had representative from her firm. She handed me paper that said affirmation, what do I do?

If the paper said Affirmation on it, that means it is an attorney's Sworn statement which alleges various responses to your original application regarding getting rid of the medical insurance requirements of the agreement you must have signed or a judgment which must have been issued by a Court directing you to maintain med. insurance. In most instances, you should review what was written in the document and respond in writing to it, in what is known as a Reply Affidavit, which means a Sworn statement of your responsive thoughts on the matter. Good luck.