What is the amount to be paid for pain and suffering for whip lash and a child with bruised ribs? 14 Answers as of April 26, 2013

How much do you think these injuries are worth whip lash for an adult and a child with bruised ribs? The other car was in fault. No need to go to another doctor because they can't do anything for pain. Just have to wait on injuries to stop hurting.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Small cases.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/26/2013
Lydy & Moan | C. Gary Wilson
Need more information, including copies of treatment notes and expenses; prior injuries to both parties to same part of the body; information on extent of injuries and how long before you heal.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 4/25/2013
Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc.
Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc. | Frank M. Nunes
Thankfully everyone survived this collision. This case sounds serious and there is more information needed to answer your questions.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/25/2013
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Michigan auto crash laws have been crafted with the purpose of getting rid of soft tissue, whiplash type claims. You must meet a threshold injury level to be able to make pain & suffering claims for motor vehicle crashes. Any injured person must prove they have suffered a serious impairment of a body function that affects their ability to lead their normal life and/or suffer a permanent serious disfigurement (or death). You need medical care, treatment and objective medical test results to prove your injuries rise to the threshold level (which, as you describe them, they more than likely do not).
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/25/2013
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Depends on everything, liability, property damage doctor bills etc. doesn't sound like much to me take what you can get and run.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 4/25/2013
    A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A.
    A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A. | A. Dawn Hayes
    In Florida, you have to have a permanent injury before you can obtain money from the other driver. You will need an opinion from a doctor to prove it. You also need to find out if the other driver has liability coverage and the policy limits (amount of).
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Gary L. Platt, Attorney at Law | Gary Platt
    First of all, I don't know where you are getting this information from, but if anyone tells you a doctor cannot do anything for pain, that is very wrong information. An attorney cannot give you a professional opinion on approximately what your injuries are "worth" without a lot more facts. Also, no attorney will give you such an opinion for free, any more than a doctor or other professional will give you a professional opinion for nothing. An attorney's time and professional skills are his stock in trade (Abraham Lincoln said that, not me), so you cannot expect an attorney to answer this question via e-mail. You would need to consult an attorney and give him a lot more information on the accident (how/where/when it happened, the vehicles involved, speed, how much damage to the vehicles, whether you were wearing a seatbelt, etc.) before an opinion could be rendered.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Kelaher Law Offices, P.A.
    Kelaher Law Offices, P.A. | James P Kelaher
    There is no way I could ever answer that without a whole lot more information.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    This difficult question can not be answered in the abstract. Your damages are very specifically fact-driven, and there are literally dozens of questions which a skilled p.i. lawyer would ask you in order to determine what you should ask for, and what you should settle for. Consult one. It can help a lot.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
    You are going to have a very difficult time proving pain and suffering without medical bills and records. I suggest that you see a chiropractor or M.D. to substantiate the injuries and receive treatments. I can give you the names of some doctors who will see you without being paid until you get a settlement. Don?t settle until you have fully healed and know the full extent of your injuries. The amount of a settlement will depend on medical bills and records, treatments, pre-existing injuries, lingering disabilities, the impact in the collision, etc.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
    There is no set number for pain and suffering. Ultimately, the amount is left up to a judge or jury to decide. However, since you are still under treatment, it would be premature for you to consider settling your claim. You need to be healed up enough that the Dr. cuts you loose from regular treatment.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    I would NOT settle the case unless a credible orthopedic surgeon told me it was only whiplash and NOT a much more serious spinal injury. The same is true for the child. The diagnosis should be from a credible pediatrician who is willing to memorialize that the child sustained no other injury, including traumatic brain injury.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    He practice of law is an Art. It is all in the presentation of the claim. You better get a Great Lawyer
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 4/24/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    Based upon your injuries, your claim is low valued.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 4/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney