What am I looking at for resisting arrest 1st time offense ever? 3 Answers as of August 26, 2013

The hospital called police because I said I did not want to stay. I was confused from mishandling my own meds.

This may no be a valid arrest. You normally have a right to deny treatment.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
From what you say, a good defense attorney should be able to get your charges dismissed. It is unfortunate but you will likely have to hire a lawyer to accomplish this. The legal system is a quagmire of complex rules and procedures. Judges are not supposed to give leniency to pro se (without a lawyer) defendants. They are to be held to the same standard as lawyers and therefore it is important that you have a lawyer represent you. It is not your best option, but if you cannot afford a lawyer the court will appoint one for you, unless they go on record as saying that you cannot face jail for your offense. Good luck. This advice applies to MA only.
Catchick Law, PC
Catchick Law, PC | Matt Catchick
Assuming you have no valid defenses to the charge, you want to ensure your lawyer negotiates a plea deal where, in exchange for your successful completion of a period of probation, the case is dismissed at the end, and your eligibility for a full Expungement down the road is preserved.