What am I facing with a felony narcotic (crack $60.00 worth) possession? 6 Answers as of July 12, 2013

What am I facing with a felony narcotic (crack $60.00 worth) possession? I had a failure to appear as well because they moved my case, and now the judge issued an arrest warrant. I'm going with my attorney Wednesday. What should I expect? Am I going to jail/prison? It's my first non violent offense don't I qualify for prop 36? Or is this a federal matter?

Every felony carries potentially at least a year or more in jail. Since you have an attorney, ask his opinion, based upon all the facts.
Mandarano, Cavaletto & Associates
Mandarano, Cavaletto & Associates | Christopher Mandarano
Given the few facts you've given, it seems like you should qualify for Prop 36. Unless you were involved in some type of distribution scheme across state lines, it's unlikely that this a federal case. If your missed hearing was an arraignment, the attorney will most likely ask for the court to recall the warrant and arraign you. Once you and your attorney know the charge(s), you will be better equipped to weigh your options. I doubt custody will be orderednowadays they need the jail space for more serious offendersnot folks with substance issues.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
First of all, if you are going to court with your lawyer then you should have answers to all of these questions. If not, you may want to hire a new lawyer if they can't sufficiently answer these questions for you. That being said, if you are being charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, you should be eligible for drug diversion, either PC 1000 or Prop. 36. That being said, it is difficult to properly evaluate the potential consequences with such limited information. You really need an experienced criminal defense attorney to take the time to fully discuss and evaluate your case. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.
You should ask your attorney as s/he is probably more familiar with the specific facts and even the judge before whom you are appearing. Generally if you are out and appear on your own, you do not go to jail.
First you have an attorney. Why are you not asking them this question and if they are not answering the question what are you really paying them for. You may be eligible for Prop 36 depending upon your criminal history. It would not be a federal matter unless you were on federal property or crossing state boarders.