What am I facing if I was caught driving on suspended license? 9 Answers as of December 17, 2013

I got pulled over because my license was suspended. My license was suspended because I didn't have insurance and got a speeding ticket (my first one.) I also was unaware that my license was suspended at the time I was driving because I never received anything saying otherwise which I'm quite sure it doesn't matter if I knew or not but I didn't know. So what penalties am I facing? I have no criminal record of any sort besides this incident.

30-60 days in jail, plus probation.
Get a lawyer and get the license unsuspended. Then the lawyer may be able to work out a deal to avoid a conviction. A conviction carries a further suspension of your license.
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge reduced. By yourself you're going to get a misdemeanor, and it isn't worth it.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
in most counties, if you get your DL back, they will give you a non-moving violation so you can keep your license small fine.
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
If you don't get these tickets fixed, 12 points will be added to your Missouri driving record for the "Driving While Suspended" ticket, and your driver's license will be revoked for 1 year. The "No Insurance" ticket will cause 4 points to be added to your driving record, and the speeding ticket will cause 2 points to be added (if it was just a municipal ordinance violation instead of a state law violation). It doesn't matter that you weren't aware that your license was suspended. The state does not have to notify you that your license is suspended. Depending on which court your case is in (State Circuit Court or was it in a Municipal Court?), your "Driving While Suspended" case be filed as a municipal ordinance violation, or it could be filed as a criminal case. Either way, your license will be revoked for 1 year if you plead guilty or are convicted. The Prosecutor could also order jail time, but that rarely happens unless you have a long history of multiple incidents of driving on a suspended license. You need to hire a traffic law attorney to get all of your tickets amended to non-moving, no-point violations. You will have to pay fines and court costs, but you won't have to appear in court. You will also have to provide your attorney with proof of insurance. If you are unable to purchase insurance because of the suspended license, you can purchase "Non-Owners" or "Non-Drivers" insurance.
    It is a misdemeanor with possible jail time along with finds and costs, points on your driving record, and drivers responsibility fees to the secretary of state. If it is your first offense is likely you will just be placed on probation. If you did not know your license was suspended you may possibly have a defense to the charge. Retain an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area that handles driving while license suspended (DWLS) cases.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Actually, lack of knowledge is a defense to driving on a suspended license, because knowledge is one of the elements of the crime, but you were obviously not pulled over for not having a license they pulled you over for something else and then discovered you didn't have a license (unless you have a big sign on your car reading this driver as no license?!). So, on the license matter, the case should be dismissed with a court-notice that you have a suspended license.
    Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
    Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC | Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
    Full details need to be known. Jurisdiction, and judicial officer, are variables. Do turn to your attorney so she/he can assist you and advise you.
    Get an attorney, you have violated knowingly some law, but not others. Seek to minimize you damages as if you do not your trouble, fines and possible incarceration will only increase.