What am I facing for my second probation violation? 5 Answers as of June 17, 2015

I have been on probation since September 27 of 2013 for DWI. I violated my probation with a dirty UA (THC) in November. I was sentenced to 17 days in jail for that. Upon my release I found a job, a good job at that. After the beginning of the year my probation officer brought me in and sent me to a lab for a drug screening. I had not been using drugs but did have a couple of glasses of champagne on new years. Apparently the screening test they had me take was also an ETG test which I tested positive for. I haven't had a job most of my time on probation and I have a good one now and am in fear I will lose it. Are there any options for me other than another jail sentence? I have also started substance abuse counseling and anger management. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Please contact an attorney in your area asap. An attorney that knows the judges and the county is beneficial. Anything is possible with the resolution.
Best advice: consult an experienced defence lawyer. That having been said, the actual outcome of the probation violation depends to a very large extent on the Probation Officer. He or she is likely to know you and your history. There are programs called Alternatives to Revocation, and he or she might recommend that sort of response. But this is ot only highly discretionary with the P.O., but may require some serious work by the lawyer in identifying an appropriate program and 'selling' it to the P.O.
Unfortunately, you will get jail time with a duration much longer than the last. You need a better story about new year drinking.
It is entirely up to the judge. The judge gave you 17 days on the first probation violation. With a second violation, you can expect at minimum, 20 days. Again, its up to the judge.
Any and all advice? You like to sabotage your life. You were clearly told no drugs and alcohol, while you are on probation for DUI. You like being in an altered state. You will be serving another jail sentence, because the first one did not take. You should expect 4-6 weeks in jail, and loss of job.