What am I facing for a bench warrant from 12 years ago? 4 Answers as of June 03, 2014

I just found out that I have an outstanding bench warrant from 12 years ago. I called the court house and they made it seem like it wasn't for anything serious. A misdemeanor maybe? They said to just come down and clear it up. I served a 60 month prison sentence after and was on parole for 4 years. My parole officer never informed me of this warrant. If I am remembering correctly, I believe that the charges for were dropped on this case and back in those days I was a mess and didn't have a steady address so it's entirely possible that i missed a court date because I was not aware of it. I am planning on going to court house on Monday morning. I just want to know what I am facing and if I do need some sort of representation.

Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Don't believe the court officials who said this was not serious. You absolutely need representation. It is good that you want to clear this up but you need a lawyer.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
Obviously no attorney recommend walking into a potentially dangerous situation like returning on a warrant without an attorney. What you are facing depends on the seriousness of the original charge and whether the State indicted you on bail jumping charges.
Hein, Waters & Klein
Hein, Waters & Klein | Irwin G. Klein
Not enough info to answer your question. If you're really concerned maybe you should have someone else check it out for you.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
I recently got a dismissal in a similar case without the client having to appear in court. It is always better to have a lawyer. You have some legal arguments for dismissal.