What affect will being unemployed have on my immigration petition? 5 Answers as of February 14, 2011

I am petitioning my husband but I didn't have any income since 2009 due to lay off. However, my husband is employed here in US. Will these affect or hurt the petition due to unemployed and no income from the petitioner?

JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
If you are the petitioner and you don't have income, you may need a joint sponsor. Your husband can be his own financial sponsor for the green card if he is working in the US legally under a work authorized status such as L1, H1b or E1/E2. He will also need to sign an affidavit of support if his income is used to satisfy the affidavit of support requirement. If you need assistance in preparing the forms for the green card for your husband, please contact my office for more information.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You will need to get an sponsor for the affidavit of support to show immigration that your husband won't be a public charge to the United States.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
It may for the purposes of filing the I-864 or affidavit of support. You could find a co-sponsor who can support your petition. They must be a LPR or a U. S. Citizen.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes but you can fix this by getting a co sponsor.
It takes work on your financial affidavit. You need to seek professional assistance to make yourself qualified as a sponsor. Good luck!