What action can I take regarding unpaid labor? 7 Answers as of April 02, 2014

I worked for a man and he has owed me the balance for my wages for several months. What can I do? He agreed to everything about my wages from the start but still won't pay.

If the amount is less than $10,000 issue a demand letter and if still unpaid, sue in Small Claims.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
File a complaint with the Michigan Wage and hour bureau. You could get triple the amount he owes you.
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
Have you talked to the Federal Labor Board? They should be able to help you if not consult the state labor board. If neither of the agencies can help you, talk to an attorney about a lawsuit.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
I would need to know more about the circumstances of your plate. Generally, if you were employee, you could bring a complaint with the wage and hours division of the state government.
File complaint with the dept of labor.
    Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
    If you are in the state of NC, you can contact the NC Department of Labor (DOL) at 1-800-NC Labor. Tell them about the situation. They will open the claim and contact your former employer to investigate. Once the investigation is completed, if the employer owes you money, they will be requested to do so from the DOL.
    Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
    The easiest course of action is to complain to the Illinois Department of Labor. You can also file suit.