wet floor 3 Answers as of March 21, 2011

My wife and I were walking out of a restaurant, when I slipped and fell on wet floor between front door and entrance door. It was raining outside, and there was no slippery floor sign. This happened on 3-15-2011 around 5:30 p.m. My left knee and left wrist are sore. Should I have an x-ray done? I am a disabled vet. Thank you.

Slip and fall accidents usually turn on whether the establishment had notice of the hazard; time to rectify the hazzard; and whether or not the injured person had notice or more properpy should have been aware of the hazzard and acted in a manner to avoid it. For example, an extension cord coiled up on my foyer two feet inside the front door is a hazzard. But a visitor coming through the door should be aware of it and have a duty to avoid it. If your situation is such that the restaurant might be liable, you are required to take thoise steps which minimize your damages. See a doctor.
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
It would be wise to get an x-ray taken. It may reveal more serious injuries in which case you may want to file a claim against the restaurant.