Was there probable cause to stop me? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2014

A friend exits my vehicle and I drive away. He makes a sale of drugs without my knowledge to a confidential informant after I am gone and no longer in sight. After the commission of the crime and the informant is gone, I come back to the scene and officers force me out of my car at gun point. I have no knowledge of what took place. Friend never gets back in my car and I was not there. The officers tell me I am being detained, for what they won't say. Later while being detained, a search of my vehicle turns up drugs in my vehicle, not in plain sight but hidden on the passenger side of my vehicle. I did not know they were there nor have seen them for they were not in plain sight. No traffic infraction occurred nor was I given any tickets. Was their search of my car legal? Is their probable cause present? Remember, I left prior to crime and arrived after the fact, whereas I saw nothing and friend never got back in my car.

Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
The search was legal. They saw you drop of your friend. That is enough to create probable cause that you were an accomplice to his drug deal. Why would you return to the scene if you were not involved? This is more than enough to arrest you and search the car. You may have good defenses but you are wasting your time challenging the search.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
I think you have a good suppression issue but not necessarily a slam dunk. The DA will hang his/her hat on the fact that you came back. I would want to know how much time elapsed between your leaving and returning. I suggest you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.