Was there an error of court spousal support? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I had prior custody and spousal support orders a few years ago. What can be done, if the court failed to continue onto new paperwork issued employer, on wage garnishment, for other party payments and caused spousal support to stop, after hearing for child support only to be modified never mentioned was anything changed in spousal support? Would they terminate and not tell me in a child support hearing this order for spousal support that was prior to that hearing issued and carried over with new amount of the child support also part of garnished wages I attempted to address with the courts and got no where, being Pro per with pleas of the error made never was readdressed in court again. I think I should still have gotten that all along!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
If the spousal support was terminated, the court should have a record of the termination of support. It is possible that the wage assignment was prepared incorrectly. You should seek the assistance of an attorney to review your paperwork and the court file to determine whether there was an error in the paperwork. If the support was not terminated you will still be entitled to the past due support as well as interest on the past due amount.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: